If only i had a nickel for every time someone asked me that over the last week or two :p
This build is based on the official HTC ADP1.5 image. You should install the 1.5 radio from that HTC page before using this build.
Some of the important changes/features
- I'm now including a much better Superuser app, courtesy of zinx
- I've rebuilt the kernel and enabled netfilter support, to allow tethering.
- You can see/download both paid and protected apps in the market
- Luke's multitouch kernel patch and browser patch have been ported to the .27 kernel and 1.5 browser.
- Support for the "apps to sdcard" hack. There's not a separate "apps to sdcard" build. You can use the same build whether you are doing apps to sdcard or not. Thanks to haykuro for explaining how he's done this in his images, so I can make my builds compatible. See here for a tutorial on setting this up.
- I'm not including a recovery image in this build. I ran into some snags getting all of the recovery features to work with the 1.5 recovery image, so I'll forgo that for now. If you don't have a spiffy recovery image yet, I've packaged up the most recent recovery image from JFv1.43 as a separate update.
If you are already running a "rooted" build (ADP/mine/haykuros/the dudes/whatever), it is available for download via the jf updater app (available on the market). If you don't see it, open up the app settings, and choose either ADP1 or "All the updates" for the "System Mod Version" setting.
Or you can always download the update.zip file below and install it yourself. If you have a G1 and this is your first time installing a community firmware, you'll need to follow any of the multitudes of tutorials out there for rooting your phone.
You can try to upgrade without a wipe, but if you run into any problems (for example, su/Superuser doesn't work), you'll need to perform a wipe. If you don't want to wipe, take a nandroid backup before upgrading, so you can revert back to the backup.